I thought this was a great info graphic to sare with you regarding the glueing factor of e-mail. The graphic speaks for itself and reinforces the importance of e-mail as the glue agent around which all of our accounts are connected.
Smarter Tools did a nice job on this one and the summary goes as follows:
- Accounts - there are nearly 3 times as many email accounts as there are Facebook and Twitter accounts combined
- Social Activity - the total posts on Facebook and Twitter combined add up to 0.2% of all email traffic
- Searches - The total number of searches on Google, Yahoo! and Bing combined equals just 1.1% of all email traffic
- Pageview - The total number of all pageviews on the Internet equals only 25% of the total number of emails sent
- Web Traffic - Nearly 4 times as many emails are sent each day as the total number of Facebook/Twitter updates, Google/Yahoo!/Bing searches and Internet pageviews combined
Got your email signature sorted?